it's cold and rainy, out here in the desert
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
 
I haven't even begun to think about Christmas shopping- I'm more preoccupied with finding the perfect gift for my best friend, whose birthday is tomorrow (and mine is a week after that!).
I have been thinking about other things though. Namely, life, the universe, and everything. I've been watching "What the Bleep Do We Know" a lot and last night I just watched "I Heart Huckabees" and I've been reading A Brief History of Time (Steven Hawking) and dealing with the questions that come up from those things.
The frustrating thing is, when my body chemistry in right (ie when I'm in a good mood) I can take all that uncertainty and ineffability and possible lack of choice and control over my life and I can be so optimistic about it, so positive about, that it makes life seem simply fucking grand.
But then when my body chemistry gets fucked up in a bad way and starts to slide downwards all of a sudden it's all death and doom and nothingness and I'm fucking depressed.
It scares me how much hormones in my body affect who I am, and I don't really like it. I can't really find anything to do about it, either, though.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is my blog!

Name:
Location: h-town/philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I live in Arizona, I go to Prescott COllege, and I try to keep myself sane while still having a good time.

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger