it's cold and rainy, out here in the desert
Thursday, September 29, 2005
 
I need to start, really really really soon, becoming ridiculously organized. And fast.
Not only is my entire job description to organize the whole show and make it go smoothly, but that means that I have to organize my life around the show (because my soul belongs to the show until the first week in November) and still keep up with my schoolwork, etc.
I think I can do it, but it's going to take some getting used to. I haven't had to be really really organized since the last time I worked at a theater.
The funny thing is, no one else who ever works at a theater is organized at all, except other stage managers, and usually the technical director (well, moreso than the creative directors).
I'm having a really good time though.
I love contributing to something worthwhile.
Not to mention that the show, a movement theater piece (which basically means a bunch of actors moving around the stage in ways that make their body look cool with everyone else's body) cobbled together/cut out from this nutsy long-ass play about crazy papal politics and demons and evil plots and stuff. It's fucking wonderful. But, organic blocking, so it's a mess to stage manage.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is my blog!

Name:
Location: h-town/philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I live in Arizona, I go to Prescott COllege, and I try to keep myself sane while still having a good time.

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger