it's cold and rainy, out here in the desert
Thursday, October 19, 2006
 
Everything feels less stressful in the morning, because, of course, you have all day to do it.
Even though I'm running on an hour or so of sleep, and I still have an entire article to write (that I think I'm going to have to write with inadequate sources), it's all right, because it's only noon and it's sunny and bright here.
That's one of the best parts about this area- it's already getting fucking cold at night, and sometimes we get rain at night/early morning, but we get these beautiful sunshine-filled days that should continue throughout the winter... no more seasonal affect disorder, yay!

I am (strangely, because it's probably cold and grey there now) feeling really nostalgic for my old school and my old friends. I've been thinking about it a lot, and I miss them a lot. I feel like it's kind of emotional/psychological growing pains- I stepped out of Simon's Rock, out of dormitory living with an unlimited meal plan, and away from th security of a close-knit group of prettygirls pretty fucking fast. Talking with my professor Reuben today (at least I'm still going to a school where everyone calls professors by their first name) I realized that Prescott lacks a good curriculum in critical theory, which was one of my favorite things about Simon's Rock.
Then again, it was also the worst thing- Rockers are all theory (and drugs) and no action.
But I hope it isn't a bad sign that three weeks into the semester (holy shit it's already been three weeks) I'm eagerly anticipating winter break, and spending a couple days at the Rock before heading home.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
This is my blog!

Name:
Location: h-town/philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

I live in Arizona, I go to Prescott COllege, and I try to keep myself sane while still having a good time.

ARCHIVES
September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 /


Powered by Blogger